[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern” z_index=”” padding_top=”50″ padding_bottom=”50″][vc_column width=”2/3″ offset=”vc_col-lg-offset-2 vc_col-md-offset-1″][vc_column_text]
As adults, we need to understand our obligation and our right to work together towards the construction of a society with no-violence. The first step is to report all kinds of abuse, mistreatment and physical attacks during our daily lives. It is not only our responsibility, but it is our obligation:
The Penal code established the following for public officials:
- Art. 277 on the omission of filing a report. It indicates that any public official who is aware of an infringement and does not immediately inform an authority, will be sanctioned with imprisonment of fifteen to thirty days
For teachers and educators:
- Art. 355. Any authority of an educational institution, such as educators of administrative personnel, students or any other person who knows of a case of abuse or sexual harassment towards one or more students, has the obligation of reporting the abuser to the Conflict Resolution District Board.
However, beyond these laws, we are ALL responsible of protecting our children and helping adults in the constant task of raising and protecting healthy children.
If you are aware of any case of sexual abuse or child mistreatment, if you are a victim, or if you are afraid to be one, FILE A REPORT!
- Fiscalía General del Estado (State attorney General): Receive reports of cases of sexual abuse.
- Dinapen (Police department Specialized in Children and adolescents): Investigates, rescues children from their aggressors, and protects them during the investigation. Telephone: +(593) 2-295-5734, +(593) 2-295-0214
- Junta de Protección: Receives reports on mistreatment from teachers, doctors, and public officers.
- Defensoría pública: receives reports on child violence and provides legal advice for victims and their protectors.
- Ecu911: Immediate action responding to a complaint from mistreatment or aggression.
[/vc_column_text][vc_separator type=”small” position=”center” up=”50″ color=”#1e73be” thickness=”5″ down=”50″][vc_column_text]
Fundación Azulado does not receive complaints nor does it process official reports on mistreatment or child sexual abuse. Our intention is to inform victims and their families about the official processes to follow in these cases.
[/vc_column_text][vc_separator type=”transparent” up=”25″][/vc_column][/vc_row]